How To Write A Cause-And-Effect Essay: A Step-By-Step Guide
As the categorical name suggests, a cause and effect essay explores the different causes of a particular problem and provides details for the effects. This type of paper is associated with reasons why certain problems or issues occur and what the consequences are. The reasons are known as causes and likely results are called effects. As a particular method of exploring and organizing different ideas, cause-and-effect essays are compulsorily taught in writing courses or introductory academic areas at high schools or colleges.
Due to the stringent requirements of such essays, students may face difficulties in writing a cause-and-effect paper. Here are two suggestions for learners to remember.
For an in-depth understanding of the problem that a student is about to examine in his/her essay, he/she needs to find the reasons behind the occurrence of the problem. In order to identify the possible effects, the student should ask what can happen because of the specified reason. Let’s take a look at this following example. The cause can be that a man has run out of gasoline and the effect is that his car will not start.
Determination of other factors
At times, a student may find that several causes lead to a single effect while several effects are the result of a single cause. In this regard, the instructor can specify which particular method a student should use to write a paper.
Here is a step-by-step guideline to help students write a proper cause-and –effect essay.
- Establishing the direction:
- Presentation of a clear thesis:
- Creating an organizational pattern:
- Using transitions:
- Drawing a conclusion:
The student has to decide whether he/she wants to discuss causes, or effects, or both.
The thesis needs to inform the teacher or readers of the student’s intention or purpose. Either causes or effects or both can be the focus of the thesis.
A student can choose from the two organizational patterns such as emphatic order and chronological order. Emphatic order focuses on the most important and relevant causes and effects until the end of the essay while Chronological order incorporates the causes as well as effects just in the order of their occurrences.
Since readers should be provided with the scope to follow the analysis of the paper, a student must use some transitional words or phrases such as therefore, as a result and because.
When writing the conclusion, a student has to restate his/her thesis and draw a conclusion that vividly concerns the paper's causes and effects.
Thank you for helping me out with my college essay - I was totally stuck and your guides and manuals assisted me with my writing.
My college term paper was a mess. I had to revise it several times. Finally, I stumbled upon this resource and found a sample term essay that guided my writing.
I highly recommend this student blog to anyone in need of professional essay writing help. These guys have written my dissertation in several weeks and it was approved. Thank you!
Academic writing manuals:
- 10 tips on MLA formatting
- Transformation of the church essay sample
- Selecting a writing service
- What to expect from top-grade papers
- Writing your college homework
- Good rewriting services
- Essay sample on business
- Write a Thesis Statement
- How to deal with your assignments
- Critical response sample essay
- Personal statement for college
- Research topics on leadership
- Expert business writing help
- Who can deal with your essay
- Research papers for sale
- 5 best places to buy a paper
- Composing an effective summary in 5 steps
- Sample essay on credit crisis
- Purchasing papers for cheap
- Discussion Section
- How to stay safe purchasing papers
- Forms of Happiness - sample paper
- Essay on school uniforms hints
- Creating a case study
- Why a Dissertation Writing Process Is So Hard?
- Writing essay-style term papers
- How to find a good PhD dissertation example online
- How to optimize a case study content
- Term papers examples are available Online
- Creating a great research project
- Writing term papers: think like a professor
- Graphic design research topics
- Perfect customized essays sources
- Salem Witch Trials - sample essay
- Academic writing agencies
- Composing a great persuasive paper
- Writing an essay overnight
- Essay sample on post anesthesia care
- Choosing intriguing research topics
- Writing a cause and effect essay
- Seeking sample book reviews online
- Where to find art paper proposal samples