Tips For Optimizing Your Case Study Content
Certain disciplines require students to be proficient at writing case studies. In psychology and other medical fields, case studies are in-depth explorations of a single individual and their condition. In legal fields, case studies are in-depth analysis of one particular legal case. Other disciplines have their own versions of case studies.
The most important thing a student can do to optimize their case study content is to remain organized from beginning to end. Using psychology and medical case studies as an example, here are some tips for organizing your case study content. These tips can also be used for writing case studies for other disciplines, though they may need some small alterations to remain applicable.
Background: Before you leap into the case itself, you’ll want to provide the reader with background information on the individual whose case is being presented. This should include both information directly related to the problem they’re having as well as general background on the patient, like their family size and composition, major life difficulties and successes, history of drug and alcohol use, etc.
Issue at Hand: Once you’ve painted a picture of the individual, you’ll want to describe the problem they’re experiencing in a new section. First, describe the quantifiable symptoms, starting with physical, and moving into the more abstract symptoms being experienced.
Diagnosis: If this is a case you worked on yourself, note your diagnosis and the reasons you arrived at it. Point to specific ways in which the patient’s symptoms coincide with official descriptions of the diagnosis. If you are writing about a case which you did not personally attend to, you’ll want to list the diagnosis and either the rationale used for it (if available) or your theories on why that diagnosis was used. Support them in the same manner as you would your own diagnosis of the problem.
Now you’ll describe the solution attempted by the practitioner, whether it was yourself or that of another person. Before discussing how effective it was (or wasn’t) discuss the reasons for choosing that solution, how the treatment was planned, and how it was carried out. Once the reader has a full understanding of the solution itself, move on to discussing the success or failure of the solution in question. If the solution was a failure, discuss why you believe that may have been and suggest alternative treatments.
Thank you for helping me out with my college essay - I was totally stuck and your guides and manuals assisted me with my writing.
My college term paper was a mess. I had to revise it several times. Finally, I stumbled upon this resource and found a sample term essay that guided my writing.
I highly recommend this student blog to anyone in need of professional essay writing help. These guys have written my dissertation in several weeks and it was approved. Thank you!
Academic writing manuals:
- 10 tips on MLA formatting
- Transformation of the church essay sample
- Selecting a writing service
- What to expect from top-grade papers
- Writing your college homework
- Good rewriting services
- Essay sample on business
- Write a Thesis Statement
- How to deal with your assignments
- Critical response sample essay
- Personal statement for college
- Research topics on leadership
- Expert business writing help
- Who can deal with your essay
- Research papers for sale
- 5 best places to buy a paper
- Composing an effective summary in 5 steps
- Sample essay on credit crisis
- Purchasing papers for cheap
- Discussion Section
- How to stay safe purchasing papers
- Forms of Happiness - sample paper
- Essay on school uniforms hints
- Creating a case study
- Why a Dissertation Writing Process Is So Hard?
- Writing essay-style term papers
- How to find a good PhD dissertation example online
- How to optimize a case study content
- Term papers examples are available Online
- Creating a great research project
- Writing term papers: think like a professor
- Graphic design research topics
- Perfect customized essays sources
- Salem Witch Trials - sample essay
- Academic writing agencies
- Composing a great persuasive paper
- Writing an essay overnight
- Essay sample on post anesthesia care
- Choosing intriguing research topics
- Writing a cause and effect essay
- Seeking sample book reviews online
- Where to find art paper proposal samples